Whether it’s just heavy wind, hail or a tornado; storms always end up causing maximum damage to your roofs. The after effects of a storm can be seen in the form of chipped shingles, dents in gutters, crushed vents and much more. Storm damage adversely affects your roof’s functionality, and often leaves you with no option but to get a complete roof replacement.
If your roof has lately met with any kind of storm damage, these suggestions will guide you all along:
- Contact your Local Roofing Contractor: One of the first and most important things you need to do after noticing significant storm damage on your roof is to call a professional roofing company in your area. Your local roofer in Houston, TX, can help you with a detailed assessment of your roof’s condition, followed by kick starting the needed roof repair services without much delay.
- Don’t go for DIY Roof Inspection: Always avoid carrying out a DIY roof inspection after a storm, especially if it requires getting on to the roof. It’s best to rely on a professional roofer for post-storm roof inspections, as you don’t know the scale of damage that has been caused by the storm.
- Stay Out of the House: Storms can also end up causing structural damage to your property. So, until the severity of roof damage has been assessed, it’s best to stay out of your house. More so, in cases where if it’s evident that the damage is serious or there’s a fallen tree lying on the roof, you must avoid staying inside.
- Attic Inspection: If the intensity of the storm is severe, it is likely to develop a roofing leak problem. The easiest way to spot signs of a roofing leak problem is to conduct an attic inspection. So, once the storm is settled, you must call your Houston, TX, roofing company and get the roof leak repair started as soon as possible.
- Documentation of Storm Damage: It is imperative that you maintain a proper record of all the roof damage caused by the storm. Make a point to click post-storm pictures of the roof and document other important details such as the date of the storm, damaged parts of the roof etc. All this documentation will come handy while filing an insurance claim in Houston, TX.
- File your Insurance Claim: Last, but not least, get in touch with your insurance company to file your claim. A little delay in filing the claim, and you might even lose the opportunity to get a fair claim. While going for a roofing contractor in Houston, always prefer roofers that also offer inspections to help claim your roofing insurance.
To protect yourself and your loved ones from the dangers of a damaged roof, contact our team of professional roofers at Prodigy Roofing & Construction today! As your trusted residential and commercial roofer in Houston, TX, we are constantly working towards offering the best roofing services with ensured safety.