All roofs are different, especially when it comes to shielding against the scorching summer heat. Summers are getting hotter every year. So, now it is more important than ever to assess your roof’s performance in keeping your home cool while saving massive costs on energy consumption.
Your roof faces the visible, UV and Infrared rays of the sun. All three types of sun rays cause some level of damage to your roofing materials. The UV rays of the sun are responsible for causing wear and tear on your building materials. The Infrared or non-visible rays of the sun are responsible for causing severe heat damage to your roof.
Several factors play a vital role in protecting your roof from the harsh rays of the sun while increasing sustainability and decreasing annual energy costs. These include your roofing material choice, coatings, and the installation practices followed by your local Houston roof replacement company. As per a study, apt roofing material choice and installation practices can help homeowners save 40% on their yearly energy bills!
Check out these tips to make sure that your roof promises long-lasting heat protection along with helping you save on your energy costs all year long:
- If you are planning a roof replacement, make it a point to use the highest quality roofing materials that promise solar reflectance and thermal emittance properties.
- Opt for the most sustainable materials that will not only increase your roof’s functionality but also reduce waste. Metal roofs are always the best option if you are looking for an energy-efficient, recyclable and long-lasting material for your home or office.
- Ask your local roofer to check the airflow and ventilation on their next roofing inspection. Maintaining a consistent roof temperature is one of the keys to maximizing energy savings all year long.
- It is also needed to focus on building codes to keep an eye on your insulation levels. You can always request your Houston roofing company to make sure that your insulation meets the expected standards.
- Ask your local roofer in Houston to inspect potential threat areas that experience extreme temperatures. These areas are prone to the risk of wildfire, and this is why it is critical to keep a check on them from time to time. In case of any risk detected, it is best to go for a roof replacement using high-quality materials that guarantee resistance from fire.
On the whole, choosing quality roofing materials and sustainable installation practices is the key to increasing your roof’s efficiency against summertime temperatures. Your roof goes through a lot to protect you from the summer heat. Now, it’s your turn to make sure that your roof is in safe hands!
Get in touch with us at Prodigy Roofing & Construction for sustainable roof replacement or roof repair services in Houston, TX!